Guidelines for church
Here are the guidelines the GSAAC leadership and church family will use as we meet in person.
Our recommendations are based on the guidelines provided for pastors by the Idaho Conference.
- If you are inside the Gem State Academy Church building for any reason, a mask should be worn.
- We plan to worship outside but also recommend wearing a mask, especially when around people.
- We will need to continue to social distance, and ask that our families sit together and at the recommended distance from others. Please remember to bring lawn chairs or blankets as well. We plan to meet outside for the remainder of the summer or until further notice.
- Please bring your own water as the drinking fountains will not be available. We will also have bottled water when available.
- The main bathrooms in the lobby will remain closed, but the cafeteria has offered the bathroom in its lobby for church use. This single-occupant unisex bathroom will be easier to monitor and sanitize.
- Please be mindful of the people around you and plan to leave as soon as the church service is over.
Thank you for complying with these guidelines.
We will continue to monitor Idaho regulations.
Guidelines for Sabbath School (Primary–Youth Ages)
- We will be meeting outside so minimal cleaning will be required prior to Sabbath School each week.
- We will have “clean” and “dirty” bins for pens, markers, and toys. Once an item has been touched, it will be placed in a “dirty” bin to allow teachers to clean the item between uses. Clorox or Lysol wipes will be used to clean items.
- Only nonporous toys/writing utensils will be used during Sabbath school.
- Single-use water bottles will be provided for children to use as needed.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided as children arrive in Sabbath School and throughout Sabbath School as needed.
- We will have a sign posted with guidelines to remind children about the “rules” for Sabbath School.
- Seating areas will be designated with hula hoops to encourage a six-foot distance between children. Children will bring their own lawn chairs, which will be placed inside the Hula Hoop circles.
- Masks are recommended.